Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stargazer Lily

Stargazer lily. My favorite flower. I suppose at the very least he knows that. I'm not going to lie, when my co-workers boyfriend walked into work tonight carrying a bouquet of flowers my heart sank just a little bit. So sweet an act. An act of genuineness and in particular, apology. An act which actually felt like a slap in the face to me since stargazer lilies happen to be my favorite flower. An act I will likely never see. I've always sort of down played the giving of flowers in my book. I generally call it "frivolous" since flowers die so quickly and seem cliche. However, in all reality, I would love absolutely nothing more than to receive flowers from someone. Valentines day is coming up. I haven't decided what sort of attitude to embrace for that day. I should really just expect nothing because I'm 99% sure that's just what I'll get. Isn't that sad? The biggest hopeless romantic I know is barely romanticized or swept off her feet. It will happen some day right?

No comments:

Post a Comment