Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Drowning in the depths of feelings.

Sometimes I wonder if there is anyone out there that feels as deeply as I do. I let everything affect me. I feel everything right down to my soul it seems. Inevitably I take everything personally and become frustrated when others don't meet me at the same emotional level. That's why I intentionally put on a persona that seemingly is always happy, care free, and takes few things seriously. It's hard living a double life but I am hurt less. Although, right now a part of my heart is so exposed to the elements. I am definitely feeling the wear on it. Stomped on, ignored, taken for granted. It yearns to be set free to feel as deeply as it wants to for another person. I fear it really may never happen. Sure I'm loved. At least I think I am. The evidence I have seen, let's face it, has been minimal. Am I being selfish? Or is it maybe I'm finally starting to realize my self-worth?

No comments:

Post a Comment