Thursday, December 27, 2012

Missing You

"I miss you". If there was somehow a way to compute how often this phrase gets used in just a single day I'm sure the results would be enormous. But just because it is overused doesn't mean I mean it any less. It's true. I miss you. My heart aches. Luckily, this ache is sometimes dulled by the busyness of life. That's why I try to stay busy. To distract. Sadly, at the end of the day when I'm forced to be alone, these aching feelings creep up and almost always overwhelm me with a sense of loss. Without you I feel lost, alone. Don't get me wrong. I like being alone, I just don't like feeling alone. I'm left to my thoughts. Silence sometimes screams the loudest. This silence between us is slowly wearing me down emotionally. I lie here consumed with thoughts of you and I'm left wondering if you even thought about me once today. My pessimism says no...it says you're thinking about leaving me for something better...it says you are getting tired of me and the pressure you feel from me. These are the thoughts that plague me when I'm alone. I hate it. Then again, there is sleep. A long escape from reality. As luck would have it, my dreams are filled with you. You. Are. My. Drug. I can't get you out of my mind. I miss you. I love you. Don't forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment